Shortly after Hannah was born, we bought a digital SLR camera so that we could get a quicker shutter speed and "catch" more of what Hannah was doing. I've really enjoyed using it, but until recently have only shot in the automatic mode...where the camera chooses all the settings for you. It's easy and the pictures are generally pretty good. However, since Hannah is almost 2 and I still hadn't figured out how to really get the most from my camera, I signed up to take a class at the local community college. Let me tell you, I didn't know how much I didn't know. ISO, aperture, shutter speed, balance....whoa. So I am working on moving away from the "green box" setting on my camera and slowly but surely I think I'm getting the hang of it. (Did I mention slowly?)
Here's a shot from this morning...all manual settings. Hannah thinks I'm nuts & refuses to look at the camera.
No comments :
Post a Comment