Hannah got up early to help Grandma make some rolls. I hope she took some good notes, because that is one recipe I still can't master.
The afternoon found us at the big Kurz Christmas get-together. It's the one holiday tradition that has been non-negotiable for us since Brian and I started dating 10 years ago. We always spend Christmas Day with the extended Kurz family and it is always a wonderful time. This year the big shin-dig was at Aunt Peggy's house. As you can see, Hannah, Kendall, and Emily enjoyed catching up and reminiscing about the year.
Brian and Brad helped Hannah and Kendall open their gifts.
Somewhere along the line Hannah found this dancing Santa hat. ((Think Harry Potter's Sorting Hat.)) It was kind of creepy, but she was mesmerized by it.
The Kurz gag-gift stocking was fairly tame this year. Brad got called to the hot seat several times to receive a nacho-cheese proof administrator's outfit, some anti-mange shampoo, and a letter from Northwest Missouri University. Brian made an appearance to receive a citation from the ASPCA for cruelty to squirrels. Tom Winking was treated very humanely by all the Mizzou fans who have been singing his Illini carols for the past nine years. But by far the funniest gift was Katie Spalding's fiance receiving a letter regarding his hit-and-run cat homicide. It was hysterical! Poor guy.We had a great Christmas and as always it was so wonderful to see everyone. I am truly so blessed to have married into one of the most loving Christian families I've ever known. I hope that the traditions can continue so that Hannah can grow to appreciate this awesome family as much as I do.
I'll end the Christmas day post with this picture. I think Kendall was a little disturbed by all the cheese.

No comments :
Post a Comment