Hannah and I took a road trip to my hometown of New Haven this weekend.
Hannah was really looking forward to visiting her Reemaw and Mustache.
(If you are new, those are her names for my Mom & Dad).
It was the weekend of the annual Balloon Festival, so we enjoyed the parade & the hot air balloon launch.
We were sitting near lots of other kids at the parade, so Hannah had some competition for the candy being thrown.

We were sitting near lots of other kids at the parade, so Hannah had some competition for the candy being thrown.
Thankfully the bigger kids were looking out for her and even left some candy for her...Boaz & Ruth style.
Remember, I am a band nerd.
Gotta love that Texas Turn!
The first one to go up was this crazy guy who flew with a bunch of giant latex ballons tied to him.
It was a like a real life version of UP!
I swear he was just as high as the hot air balloons, and who knows where the wind took him.
I have to say that I was pretty impressed that there were so many teams there.
New Haven is not big at all.
The balloons were gorgeous!
We got to walk right up to them.
Hannah was in awe, but did not appreciate the loud roar of the burner flares.
Hannah was OUT...dead to the world.
After dinner, though, there was just enough time for some monster shenanigans with Grandpa Mustache.
Fun weekend.
It's always good to visit.





No comments :
Post a Comment