I was really anxious to kick off the fall season this year, and so I jumped at the chance to take a trip to Curtis Orchard with the Myers Family last Saturday. The air still felt a little undecided as to whether or not it was a summer weekend or a fall weekend, but we had a wonderful time ushering in the autumn activities even if it was still a little warm.
After spending time playing "puppets" (above), Hannah took a pony ride, but was very reluctant to give up her grip on her daddy's index finger. I don't think she realized that this actually made her less stable in the saddle, but it must have made her feel better to know that her daddy was right there to catch her if the wild beast got out of control.
I think that I must say this in every blog post, but we really are thankful for our incredible friends. I hope that pictures like this one are dug up when these girls are all grown up and that they can share memories of a lifetime spent as friends. (No pressure, girls!)
After lunch, the Myers fam headed westward, and we decided to extend our day with some apple picking in the orchard. I wanted to give Hannah a chance to see where the apples we eat come from. Of course, as we were heading out on the wagon, she informed us that we were going apple picking "just like Caillou". Guess this was nothing new to her!Evidently apple picking is tough work, and Hannah decided that she needed a break.
Later that afternoon, we took our apples home, washed them up, and got to work. We had a great time turning the fruits of our afternoon's labor into a delicious homemade pie that we enjoyed that evening. It was a fun day spent "being a family" (as Hannah would say!)
(Note: Hannah did not actually cut apples with a pizza cutter, as the above photo might lead you to believe. She wanted to "help", and the pizza cutter just happened to be her tool of choice. Good luck telling a 2.5 year old that a pizza cutter is not for cutting apples. It's a CUTTER, after all.)






No comments :
Post a Comment