Wednesday, February 2, 2011

{ blizzard of eleven }

Along with the rest of the Midwest, we've been snowbound for the last couple of days.

It's kind of hard to tell how much snow we actually got with all of the blowing & drifting that occurred, but I'm guessing somewhere in the neighborhood of 13 inches. Not too shabby! I know the blizzard has caused lots of inconveniences, both major & minor, but can I just say that I have totally enjoyed being "trapped" here with my family! Here are some scenes from our big dig today...
Print
1. Brian peeked out the window to survey the snowfall, and Hannah decided that she wanted to see too....hence the stool.
Not quite tall enough, sweetie.
2. One of the taller drifts in the yard went right up to the front door, and Hannah used it as a sledding hill.
Hey, we're in Central Illinois. A girl's gotta improvise.
3. Hannah picked out this prize snowball and decided that she wanted to take it to our neighbor as a gift. He'll LOVE it, she said!!
4. Daddy & Hannah taking a tour of the yard.
5. A worn out snow shoveler deserves an ice cold Sundrop and a door frame to lean against.
6. I rarely ever get a picture of myself with Hannah, so I asked Brian to snap this one.
hannah blizzard 2

hannah blizzard 1
After a half hour or so, we were all more than ready to head back inside to warm up.
I love these rosy cheeks. :)
hannah blizzard 3
The roads are slowly being cleared and I know that by Friday everything will probably be back to normal, but we sure have enjoyed our hibernation during the last couple of days. Hope you have, too!

2 comments :

Momma Bull said...

I especially like the photo of Daddy taking a break with a soda on the porch.. classic! :) David said shoveling was like doing 500 squats!

Bri said...

Yep - it was a well earned break. We had a 5 foot drift that went from the front door, across the driveway, and into the yard. It was a monster. My neighbor, Dave, was a huge blessing when he came by with his blade when I was about halfway through.