You've seen the t-shirts that say "My sport is your sport's punishment", right?
My sentiments exactly. Except I have always been the one getting punished.
I am NOT a runner. Never have been. Probably never will be.
But I have great admiration for those of you who are.
Especially these junior high kiddos that we got to cheer on
at our school's "home" cross country meet this afternoon.
at our school's "home" cross country meet this afternoon.
The track coach at my high school used to say every day, without fail,
"Today is a beautiful day for track and field!"
"Today is a beautiful day for track and field!"
Well, today actually was.
I love watching Brian get fired up while cheering on the kids. Such intensity!
I also love knowing that he will always support our kid just as fiercely.
(BTW, did you know that the kids had to run through the creek in the background?
Seriously, there was mud up to their knees.
It was awesome.)
I couldn't believe how many teams and runners this meet attracted.
But seriously, what's not to love about running around a picturesque family farm in perfect weather?
I mean, besides the running part.
Can you believe they make them end running uphill?
UPHILL, in Central Illinois?
In all honesty, the kids love it.
I loved it, too.
Cheering for our team, enjoying the sunshine,
and hanging out with this kid who will all too soon be caught up in some races of her own.
Cheering for our team, enjoying the sunshine,
and hanging out with this kid who will all too soon be caught up in some races of her own.
She is already going way too fast.






No comments :
Post a Comment