It's been kind of hilarious at times, since Hannah obviously understands the concept, but is just choosing to ignore it.
Today, she peed at the lunch table. She immediately knew what she'd done, and Brian was stern in his disapproval. She is a pretty sensitive kid anyway, and I think his rebuke really hit home. So much so that it caused her to dig deep into her song-lyric repertoire to find the right words to respond...
"Daddy, when I make bad choices, it makes my tummy hurt.
But when I think about my favorite things, then I don't feel so bad!"
Sound of Music, anyone? I'm not really sure that peeing on the kitchen floor is the same as when the dog bites, or when the bee stings, but hey...whatever gets you through.

Here are a few more quotable quotes from our potty training trials:
1. Papa, I spilled a little pee over there!
2. I need to drink more juice so I can make more pee!
3. Me: "Hannah, we'll give you some privacy so that you can go to the bathroom.
Hannah: "Okay!"
Hannah (after finishing): "Mommy, where's my privacy?"
4. Papa, I don't want to pee on that princess! (when wearing her new Cinderella undies).
5. Hannah: "Oh Man! I peed on your pillow, mommy."
Me: "Oh Man!!!!!"
No comments :
Post a Comment