Saturday, September 18, 2010

{ pumpkin festival }

Did you know that 80% of the world's canned pumpkin is canned in Morton, Illinois? It is.
As the home of Libby Pumpkin, one would expect Morton to throw a great Pumpkin Party, and boy, do they!
Today was our 4th Annual trip to the Morton Pumpkin Festival. It's a highlight of the fall each year.
We especially look forward to the parade, which was sadly cancelled today due to thunderstorms.
Instead of dancing to drum cadences and collecting tootsie rolls, we hid under umbrellas and on a kind family's front porch.

Print

When the weather finally broke, though, we cut loose! True to her typical form, Hannah enjoyed dancing to the on-stage entertainment.Print
We also enjoyed some of the carnival rides.

Print
wiggleworm

When I came home & looked through the pictures, I was a little shocked at the resemblance between the "Wiggle Worm" and a certain someone Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named. Creepy.
Print

Regardless, it was a fun day despite a few ill-timed downpours.
Before we left, I wanted to get a nice picture of the girls in front of one of the many Pumpkin displays, but this was the best I got.
Not too terrible, considering they're at least both in the same frame.

cheeseburger

Trust me, folks. The terrible twos are nothing.
It's the awful "I'm almost three's" that you have to look out for.
Don't let that cherub face fool you. She's plotting in this picture.

No comments :