Saturday, September 3, 2011

{ full of hot air }

(**Note:  I put some of these photos up on Facebook this week, but thought I'd share here, too.
Mainly for my mom and dad, who refuse to get on Facebook.
Love you, ReeMaw & Mustache!)

We took a quick trip to a local hot air balloon festival last weekend.
I had heard they did a neat "balloon glow" at dusk that everyone said was just beautiful.
They were all right!
It was a happy coincidence that Hannah's best pal and her parents had the same idea for the evening.
They passed us on the Interstate on the way there and immediately texted "WHERE ARE U GOING??" :)
We were glad to get to spend the evening with them.

The girls enjoyed a few of the midway rides before the balloons were inflated.
balloons5
Hannah got to try her first funnel cake.  She was a little hesitant at first.
balloons11
In the end, I think she was glad she tried it. :)
balloons10
Hannah and Aubrey did a little dress up as we were waiting for the balloons.  What a cheeseball!
balloons8
Finally, just as the sun was starting to set, the balloons started going up.
balloons2 balloons4 
I have seen hot air balloons up close in the past, as my hometown hosts a great annual balloon race.
But to see the balloons at night was something totally different and absolutely beautiful.
balloons6 balloons1 balloons3 balloons7 
Just gorgeous!  
balloons9

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

LOVE this pictures!!! I have told myself in the past that I need to go to the Balloon Fest, but now I really, really want to go! I'll have to go next year!!

Klarisa